The motor trade face unique health and safety challenges
From protecting customers and employees on busy dealership forecourts to developing procedures for dealing with workshop hazards, the motor trade faces unique challenges when it comes to health and safety. Particularly if the business operates across multiple sites or is rapidly expanding.
Agile, proactive and accountable health and safety support
Vita Safety has been supporting motor trade clients for years and provide support to one of the UK’s biggest dealership groups, who operate over 70 sites nationwide.
We give you an independent perspective on areas of risk, with strategies to help you continually improve and put in place robust processes to ensure your workforce is always protected and your business remains compliant with the latest legislation changes. We can help your business:
- Reduce costs and downtime from accidents and claims.
- Understand performance at board level to influence decision making.
- Give you real-time visibility of health and safety across the business, through our partner software, DataStation, specifically designed for the motor trade.
- Bring dealerships and managers to consistent health and safety performance standards through flexible support, coaching and training.
- Reduce the risk of major incidents by fostering a culture of health and safety.
- Presenting your business as a well-managed risk to both insurers and the HSE.
- Improve processes by sharing best practice from a wide range of sectors.
Our Motor Trade health and safety services include:
- A dealership health and safety management framework, featuring communication strategies, guidance for managers, risk assessments and safe working procedures.
- Accident and incident investigation to identify risk and avoid reoccurrence.
- Process development to ensure contractors uphold health and safety standards.
- Robust procedures for recording, managing, servicing and maintaining equipment.
- Support by phone and email, to give your team reassurance in times of concern.
- Coaching to create a positive, open and honest health and safety culture.
- Scored compliance audits of all business areas to identify areas of risk.
- Training to give your leaders the knowledge and confidence to drive health and safety across the organisation.
Jardine Motors Group
Clare Martin, Group HR Director at Jardine Motors Group, explains why rapid expansion and a commitment to health and safety led to the appointment of Vita Safety in 2012.» Read the case study
Would you like to know what we can do for you with our work in Motor Trade? Get in touch.
- 0161 486 5020 (Manchester)
- 0203 126 4997 (London)
- [email protected]