Takeaways: Stay safe, stay open
Vita Safety is partnering with Salford City Council to support eligible high street businesses across the city in making their premises safe for staff and customers from Covid-19.
The project is part of Reopening High Streets Safely, supported by funding from the European Regional Development Fund and HM Government as part of the 2014 to 2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme and is supporting a wide range of small and medium-sized, high-street based businesses.
We’ve completed over 80 visits so far and this video shares some of the common challenges these businesses have faced with advice for all business owners to help keep their people safe.
In this video we cover:
- Risk assessments
- Social distancing
- Track and trace
- Delivery driver safety
- Training and Comms
We also share some of our customers’ common questions, including:
- Which locations are within the catchment area for the project and which businesses are eligible?
- Will there be any hidden or additional charges?
- Is this mandatory?
- If costly changes are identified as necessary, can my business be forced to close if I do not carry them out?
- Will the report be forwarded or used to report me to enforcement agencies?
- Is it still necessary with the vaccine rollout and ongoing changes to government guidance?
- What’s the project end date?
- I have a micro business with less than 5 employees and/or only operate as a click and collect facility. Is it still necessary for me to have a visit and report?
- Will the report findings be beneficial as Covid-19 is out of control within society?
- As a result of the visit and the report will I receive a poster or sign off of the business as safe?
Further information related to the contents of this video can be found here:
- More info on staying safe
- Business Guidance
- Working safely during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- HSE’s Health and Safety Made Simple
- HSE Risk Assessments at work
- NHS self-assessment tool